Why do Christians call the day Jesus died ‘Good Friday?’
Your child will learn to:
- Order Creation and Fall, Incarnation, Gospel and Salvation within a timeline of the Bible’s ‘big story.’
- Offer suggestions for what the texts about the entry into Jerusalem, and the death and resurrection of Jesus might mean.
- Give examples of what the texts studied mean to some Christians.
- Make simple links between the Gospel texts and how Christians mark the Easter events in their church communities.
- Describe how Christians show their beliefs about Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday in worship.
- Make links between some of the stories and teachings in the Bible and life in the world today, expressing some ideas of their own clearly.