What did Jesus do to save Human Beings?
Your child will learn to:
- Outline the timeline of the ‘big story’ of the Bible, explaining how Incarnation and Salvation fit within it.
- Explain what Christians mean when they say that Jesus’ death was a sacrifice, using theological terms.
- Suggest meanings for narratives of Jesus’ death/resurrection, comparing their ideas with ways in which Christians interpret these texts.
- Make clear connections between the Christian belief in Jesus’ death as a sacrifice and how Christians celebrate Holy Communion/Lord’s Supper.
- Show how Christians put their beliefs into practice.
- Weigh up the value and impact of ideas of sacrifice in their own lives and the world today.