GOD: What do Christians believe God is like?
Your child will be learning to:
- Identify what a parable is.
- Tell the story of The Lost Son from the Bible simply and recognise a link with the concept of God as a forgiving Father.
- Give clear, simple accounts of what the story means to Christians.
- Give examples of a way in which Christians show their belief in God as loving and forgiving: by saying sorry, by seeing God as welcoming them back; by forgiving others.
- Give examples of how Christians put their beliefs into practice in worship; by saying sorry to God.
- Think, talk and ask questions about whether they can learn anything from the story for themselves, exploring different ideas.