GOD: What do Christians believe God is like?
Your child will be learning to:
- Tell the key points of the story of Jonah from the Bible and recognise a link with the concept of God.
- Give clear, simple accounts of what the text means to Christians.
- Give examples of ways in which Christians use the story of Jonah to guide their beliefs about God, e.g. seeing God as Lord i.e. in control of events and being fair. God wants to save the people of Nineveh.
- Give examples of how Christians put their beliefs into practice in worship e.g. using the story in church, in art.
- Think, talk and ask questions about whether they can learn anything from the story for themselves, exploring different ideas.