Understanding Christianity – Gospel
Your child will be able to:
- List two distinguishing features of a parable.
- Make clear links between the story of the Good Samaritan and the idea of the Gospel as ‘good news’.
- Offer some ideas about the meaning of the Good Samaritan story to Christians.
- Make simple links between the Good Samaritan story and the importance of charity in Christian life.
- Give some examples of how Christians act to show that they are following Jesus.
- Make links between some of Jesus’ teachings about how to live, and life in the world today, expressing some ideas of their own clearly.
Class 4 are also exploring a unit on Sikhism.
You child will be learning to compare the different ways Sikhs put their religion into practice.
The key questions they will be exploring are:
- Do religious people lead better lives?
- Is religion the most important influence and inspiration in people’s life?