Understanding Christianity – Gospel
What kind of world did Jesus want?
Your child will be able to:
- Identify this as part of a ‘Gospel’, which tells the story of the life and teaching of Jesus.
- Make clear links between the calling of the first disciples and how Christians today try to follow Jesus and be ‘fishers of people.’
- Offer suggestions about what Jesus’ actions towards the leper might mean for a Christian.
- Make simple links between Bible texts and the concept of ‘Gospel’ (good news).
- Give examples of how Christians try to show love to all, including how members of the clergy follow Jesus’ teaching.
- Make links between the Bible stories studied and the importance of love, and life in the world today, expressing some ideas of their own clearly.
Class 3 are embarking on a unit on Sikhism where they will learn to understand the reasons why a Sikh may choose to join the Khalsa.
They will explore the following key questions:
- Do religious people lead better lives?
- Is religion the most important influence and inspiration in people’s life?
- Do all religions beliefs influence people to behave well towards each other?