We have had a great week this week and it was particularly special finishing with a service in the Priory Church. Well done to our new head boy and girl and also to the prefects.

In maths we have been adding and taking away; we did this using resources, drawing and writing it out in a more formal way.

In writing we have been writing information about nocturnal animals and other animals.

In RE we have been learning about Salvation and the Easter story.

We are so lucky to have Dance this term with a specialist coach. We were learning lots of new skills such as keeping in time with the rhythm.

In science we have begun to think about what humans and other animals need to survive.

I tested the children on their spellings this week and their 5 times tables.

Next week I will test them on the following words: Father, class, grass, pass, plant, path, bath and hour. Once I have finished testing all of the year 2 common exception words, I will send home a list of the words your child still can not spell. This will help you to further support your child at home.

In maths I will be testing the children on their 10 times tables.

Some children still struggled to recall their 5 times tables. Any help your child receives at home, really impacts on their learning in school. If they are still struggling and you need advise on how to further support your child, please arrange a meeting with me by contacting the office and I will try to help.

A website to help with times tables:

Thank you for all your support and have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Miller