26.10.18

All set for another half term! We had a lovely first half term and the children are settling in really well. This half term we will encourage the children to walk round to class R in the morning without their buddies.

We have an exciting half term ahead of us. We will be basing our learning around the stories of Elmer, the Tinga Tinga tales and the Nativity. I attach the half term overview.

Your child should have come home with their first set of words and a reading book. We encourage the children to read every night and I would be grateful if you could record this in their reading record book . They receive a certificate for every 25 books read. We will endeavour to check your child’s words every week and issue new ones when they are learned. We continue with daily Letters and Sounds activities at school.

Also new this Half Term are our Maths Challenges. These support the learning in the class for that week. I attach these below.

I am really looking forward to Monday and the start of our exciting next half term.

Overview-For-Autumn-Term-2-2018

Maths Challenges Autumn term 2018