29.12.19

I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas. We had great fun in the last week of term with our Christmas party, Bedtime Stories (with guest appearance from Father Christmas, who read us a story and answered our questions), the wonderful Nativity and our fun Christmas activities. Thank you very much on behalf of all of us for your generous gifts.

This term sees a change from my yearly overview. I was told that there is a lovely Fairytale area at Moors Valley, so I have swapped the Space and Once Upon A Time topics around, so that we can have a visit to Moors Valley when the weather might be better in the Spring. This will mean that we have two trips this year (Moors Valley and the Sea Life Centre in June).

I have attached the half termly overview for our Space topic and also the maths challenges for this half term. Thank you so much to those of you that do these – it reinforces our learning and really helps the children.

If you would like to read to the children, I am starting a ‘Guest Reader’ list.  If you would like to come and read to us on a Friday afternoon at 3:00pm, please come and sign up. We would be very grateful.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing you in January.

Overview For Spring Term 1 space 2019

Weekly Maths Challenges Spring 1