I hope that you all had a lovely Easter break and welcome back to the Summer term.

Our topic for this half term is Minibeast Madness. I attach an overview for the half term and also the maths challenges.

Last week we learned all about the Very Hungry Caterpillar and this week we have been on a minibeast hunt in the school grounds, made and painted minibeasts and will be making environments for minibeasts, thinking about what they need to live.

As part of the assessments that I am required to send to County, I need to be able to show the children’s achievements in different areas of the curriculum and to say whether they have met, not met or exceeded the curriculum requirements for Early Years.  I would be extremely grateful if you could complete the attached ICT questionnaire in order to help me to give the correct assessment for your child. Thank you.

Next week I am going on the residential visit to Rockley with Year 5 and so Mrs Homan and Mrs Crabb will be with your children on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The children will  be learning all about Children’s Day and learning will also be centred around the book ‘Superworm’.