28.10.20

What a fantastic half term we have had in Class R. The children should be so proud of themselves – they have settled in really well, made new friends and become accustomed to all the routines of school life.

We had a busy last week of term. Our book was Handa’s Surprise and the children made a story map of the story and ‘innovated’ it by tasting fruits and thinking of new words to describe them.

Our Learner of the Week was Lucy S. She is a quiet, polite, friendly and helpful member of the class who is always kind and helpful to others. Well done, Lucy.

I have been thinking of you if you are involved in the 5 mile challenge to raise funds for the FPS – thank you so much. Good luck and I hope that the weather has not put you off!

Next Half Term our topic is entitled Elmer’s World. It is brilliant for learning about shape and pattern. We will also be doing lots of learning around the book Walking In The Jungle. I attach an overview of the proposed learning for the term.

You should all have received some words for your child to learn to read. We will check these weekly and give your child new ones as needed. A reading book should also have come home. Due to COVID, we are only changing books on a Monday and Friday for the foreseeable future.

This term I have added some weekly maths challenges, which I attach. This will support the learning in class that week.

Thank you for all your support. I look forward to another fantastic Half Term.