In Class Five we have been inspired by the science in a lava lamp to create our own lava lamps! Using simple ingredients, we really put the fizz into our work!
In Class Five we have been working hard on moving out of our ‘comfort zone’ with our learning, so that we take risks, being prepared to make mistakes. Our Learner of the Week has given a fantastic effort in his maths this week, taking risks and challenging himself with his work. Well done!
As part of our topic on Ancient Greece we have been learning about the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. As well as writing about the story, we have painted pictures of the Minotaur in his labyrinth. Our Learner of the Week showed fantastic resilience when painting his background, trying really hard to get the impression of a tunnel in his picture.
Understanding Christianity – God
What does it mean if God is holy and loving?
Your child will be able to:
- Identify some different types of biblical texts, using technical terms accurately.
- Explain connections between biblical texts and Christian ideas of God, using theological terms.
- Make clear connections between Bible texts studied and what Christians believe about God; for example, through how churches are designed.
- Show how Christians put their beliefs into practice in worship.
- Weigh up how biblical ideas and teachings about God as holy and loving might make a difference in the world today, developing insights of their own.
In Class Five we have been working really hard to show our Learning Value of Resilience. Our Learner of the Week has been especially successful with this, for example, she has recently moved up two whole levels on her reading scheme. Well done!