It bit of a later post this week! Last week we have been running through a few assessments from the previous week and children may have brought home a reading/arithmetic paper. We have also been constructing bridges in Design Technology. Thank you for providing children with resources to help them. I will post photos shortly of the children at work. On the 11th December we go to Beaulieu for the Victorian Christmas, please ensure permission slips are returned as soon as possible. Check your email if your child did not bring home a hard copy of information. If your child plays an instrument and knows any Christmas tunes they may bring it with them to play in the afternoon.
Class 6 RE Learning
What does it mean if God is holy and loving?
Your child is expected to be able to:
- Identify some different types of biblical texts, using technical terms accurately.
- Explain connections between biblical texts and Christian ideas of God, using theological terms.
- Make clear connections between Bible texts studied about God and how Christians put these beliefs into practice: for example, through calling for justice, promoting forgiveness and so on.
- Show how Christians put their beliefs about God into practice in worship: for example, through confession.
- Weigh up how biblical ideas about love, holiness or forgiveness, relate to the issues, problems and opportunities of their own lives and the world today, developing insights of their own.
Yet another full on week! Children are undertaking assessments as I speak and I am delighted at the efforts they have put in over the term so far, huge well done to many who have worked so hard. We have also had a visit from the RNLI and completed our Van Gogh sunflower inspired artwork. We are now moving on to bridges (see photos). Children will be bringing home this week’s grammar paper, please have a look at it with them if they need help.