Did you know experts believe that for younger children, school only accounts for 15% of their learning? It is no surprise that the biggest influence on a child’s character and learning is the home environment.
Parent Partnership is really important. During 2020-21 we are holding (and recording) a number of virtual ‘how to’ parent information workshops, so you feel confident to support your child with their learning.
In 2020-21 our series includes:
- ‘How to support your child with phonics and early reading’ – Mrs Sibbald
- ‘How to support children as a volunteer in school’ – Mrs Fidge (not available online)
- ‘How to support your child with early Maths’ – Mr Swain
- ‘How to support your child with primary Maths’ – Mr Swain
- ‘How to support your child develop a love of reading’ – Mrs Field
Recordings can be found on the whole school achievements google classroom page (use your child’s login to access).
Supporting phonics development
Ideas to support spelling (from 2019 presentation)
All about Maths No Problem (2019 presentation)
Developing a love of reading by Mr Croutear (aka Matt Haig’s number 1 fan)