School policies cover most aspects of school life in order to ensure good intentions become consistent practice. Below are some of our most important policies, for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office.
If English is not your first language and you require support to read these policies, then please ask the school office. We are happy to translate these policies for you.
All policies are reviewed regularly – usually every two to three years unless changes in legislation require a more immediate change.
Safeguarding Policy 2022 – 23
Other Safeguarding Policies
Online Safety and Remote Learning Policies
Teaching and Learning Policies
Admissions Policy 2022-23
This policy was used for allocating places to Reception Class starting in Sept 22 and in year admission / appeals 2022-23.
Admissions Policy 2023-24
This policy will be used for allocating places to Reception Class starting in Sept 23 and in year admissions 2023-24.
Admissions Policy Appendices (for dealing with delayed entry requests)
Health & Safety Policies
The school’s Critical Incident Policy is not available to view online but an abridged version is available from the school office on request.
In addition to the Health & Safety Policy, the school has detailed risk assessments and procedures relating to:
- Outbreak Management Plan (see Coronavirus Update page)
- Manual handling
- Fire safety and safe evacuation
- First Aid
- Working at heights
- Lone working
- Volunteers working in school
- Accident reporting
- Slips, trips and falls
- Violence and Aggression at work
- Workstations and digital screen equipment
- COSHH (Controlling exposure to chemicals) and other potentially harmful substances used in schools e.g. science activities, clay
- Lunchtime and food hygiene
- Intimate care e.g. supporting an SEND child with toileting
- Restraint handling guidelines
- Maintenance of equipment e.g. PE apparatus, electrical equipment
- Asbestos Management
- Water hygiene and legionella
These procedures and guidelines are reviewed annually. If you would like a copy, please contact the School Office in the first instance.
Data Protection Policies
Church School Policies