School policies cover most aspects of school life in order to ensure good intentions become consistent practice. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office. If English is not your first language and you require support to read these policies, then please ask the school office.
Following Local Government Re-organisation in April 2019, The Priory School became part of the new Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Authority. The school was previously maintained by Dorset County Council, and so there has been a significant body of work to review and update many of our policies. The new BCP Council continues to strive to align 3 different systems (Poole, Bournemouth and Dorset schools all had separate approaches) and so this comprehensive review will take a number of years.
This page will be regularly updated to reflect these ongoing changes.
Teaching and Learning Policies
Policy under review
Policy under review; full consultation pending in Autumn 2020
Policy under review
Historic (2019 – 20)
Current (2020 -21)
Health & Safety Policies
The school’s Critical Incident Policy is not available to view online but an abridged version is available from the school office on request.
This Policy is under review
In addition to the Health & Safety Policy, the school has detailed risk assessments and procedures relating to:
- Manual handling
- Fire safety and safe evacuation
- Working at heights
- Lone working
- Volunteers working in school
- Accident reporting
- Slips, trips and falls
- Violence and Aggression at work
- Workstations and digital screen equipment
- COSHH (Controlling exposure to chemicals) and other potentially harmful substances used in schools e.g. science activities, clay
- Lunchtime and food hygiene
- Intimate care e.g. supporting an SEND child with toileting
- Restraint handling guidelines
- Maintenance of equipment e.g. PE apparatus, electrical equipment
- Asbestos Management
- Water hygiene and legionella
These procedures and guidelines are reviewed annually. If you would like a copy, please contact the School Office in the first instance.
Data Protection Policies
This policy is under review.
Church School Policies